Monday, November 9, 2020

 I will start by saying I have no idea what I'm doing and where I intend this blog to go or if it will be going farther than my online journal of my adventures and hopefully my metamorphosis.

 

My name is Tia and I am a 49-year-old mom of two adult daughters and two middle school boys.  I am happily married to my best friend for almost 14 years. But somewhere in between being a wife and mother, I have lost my personal identity.  I remember when I was a single mom of two working 40 plus hours a week, I knew who I was. I was strong, independent, and perfectly happy being a size 16. Size 16 for me was comfortable despite only being 5'4. I felt sexy and curvy and happy. But the older you get and the more weight you put on the more you feel the identity crisis, or at least I have. I am trying to face the reality of me being my current size, size 22/24, and still, feel beautiful doing it. Expressing myself in fashion whether it's store bought or sewn by me, is what I'm hoping to accomplish. I love sewing, reading, cooking, DIY, and upcycling so I'm sure there will be some of this as well. 

I feel like this is so 2020, in that I am trying to find or even reinvent myself like so many others. I've spent so many years of being depressed, so many years of repressing my personality, so many years of doing for others and not for myself. But it's time to learn to juggle family, home, and self care. I don't have the knowedge to share with the world on how to do this, but I hope that I will have it someday. Life is too short to not get my shit together, this is me trying to. 

I will still be posting book reviews, but will hopefully be adding patern and clothing reviews as well. This blog will God/Goddess willing manifest into a better blog eventually. So I guess I'll be back tomorrow with hopefully more content or at least my own thoughts about life and the world in general. LOL 

 Here's to a new beginning!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment